Survival Tips That Might Save Your Life One Day
Anyone can find themselves in situations where their life is at stake. You cannot predict when and where it will happen. But you can be prepared for it. That is why it is important to know these survival tips before it is too late.
- If you get bitten by a snake, never suck the venom or cut the bite area because it can spread the risk of infection and spread the bacteria. Staying calm and still after a snake bite might save your life as it will prevent the venom from traveling further into your body. Call an ambulance and get to a hospital immediately.
- If someone gets stabbed, do not remove the knife or any other sharp object out under any circumstances. If it stays in, it will reduce the bleeding. Apply pressure around the wood and minimize the blood loss as best as you can and call for medical help.
- If you are alone and experience any of heart attack symptoms, the very first thing you should do is call for medical help. Do not try and drive yourself. Aspirin works by slowing the blood’s ability to clot. Crush or chew the aspirin to get it into your bloodstream faster. Unlock your front door and lie down near it.
- Fires can occur just about anywhere. If you are trapped in a building fire, act immediately but try to stay calm. Use the stairs. Never use elevators. Hold your breath and stay low to avoid smoke. Try to move quickly to an open area. Do not attempt to extinguish a fire unless you are trained to do so.
- If you find yourself stuck in a riptide and you are not a strong swimmer call for help. But if you can swim, paddle parallel to the shore and do not try to fight it and swim against it. Rip currents only pull you away from the shore. And it will not drag you underwater.
- Thunderstorms can strike with or without warnings. Knowing how to react to such situations is important. There is no place outside that is safe during a thunderstorm. But if you are outside and stuck in a car when a heavy storm hits, you should stop driving and keep your hands from touching any part of the car. A car can protect you from lightning because the metal exterior conducts electricity.
- When moving away from a downed power line, do not take your feet off the ground. Take small, shuffling steps which are the safest method for moving away. If you run or take large steps, it can create a potential between you and the ground which will cause serious injury or even death.
- If your vehicle brakes go out, first slow down to a lower gear. Then if you have regular brakes, pump the brake pedal fast and hard to build up brake fluid pressure. If this does not help go on step three which is the parking brake. If none of the brakes work, drag your vehicle against a guardrail to slow it down which you should use as a last resort.
- If you find yourself lost in the woods, you need shelter, food, water, and fire to survive and then you can make signals and wait for rescue. Avoid leaving foods near your shelter at night as it may attract animals. Do not eat any wild plants or mushrooms that you cannot identify. Search for a freshwater source. Collect rainwater to drink as it is the safest way. If you come across a large animal, move slowly away from it. Quick movements will indicate that you are a treat to them and they may attack. Signal your location with smoke signals. For More Tips Please Check out our channel .